[Python-Dev] copy, len and the like as 'object' methods?

Ask Bjoern Hansen ask@valueclick.com
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 02:51:27 -0700 (PDT)

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Skip Montanaro wrote:

[...]
> libraries (and thus use by a critical mass) not in the core that much
> higher.  There are how many Python Server Pages like things?

#$&$&%.  Don't worry; even if we only look at those on CPAN we have
more templating systems in Perl than you would ever want to count.

> They probably all have some very nifty features, but tend to be
> used by rather small pockets of people, at least relative to the
> overall segment of the Python community doing webish stuff.
> I'm not entirely sure why that's the case, but I suspect it has
> to do in part with the barrier to discovering, downloading, and
> installing these packages.

Nah, some things just have to be implemented and reimplemented and
reimplemented and reimplemented in slightly different ways.

:-)

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen, http://ask.netcetera.dk/         !try; do();