[Python-Dev] test_builtin failing? or just 64-bit platforms

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 22:01:24 -0500

> I don't know what snprintf does when there's not enough room, but
> I think you just showed us what it does on Tru64 <wink>.

Hm, snprintf is *supposed* to truncate the result, but it seems that
here it refused to do anything.  Maybe PyOS_snprintf should be a
wrapper that checks the return value of snprintf?  I noticed that
*none* of the recently checked-in PyOS_snprintf calls have their
return value checked, and I think it's better to leave it that way
(since in many cases we really don't know what to do instead) -- maybe
PyOS_snprintf should even return void (or does it already?).