[Python-Dev] memory leaks in 2.2

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 08:40:22 +0100

> It's hard.  Bugzilla has some good features there w.r.t. "unverified"
> vs. "new" vs. "accepted" and "fixed" vs "resolved", QA contacts, keyword
> handling for milestone/release targets, etc. I'm not sure how the SF
> bugtracker compares in practice but from a distance it seems a little
> weak there.

SF recommends to use the Group for "unsupported",
"unverified". Unfortunately, the filtering capabilities leave a lot of
wishes.

>   - popen on Posix has a nasty failure mode if the cmd argument is
> Unicode (see the first line in Popen3._run_child for a hint =)]

You mean,

    def _run_child(self, cmd):
        if isinstance(cmd, types.StringTypes):
            cmd = ['/bin/sh', '-c', cmd]

:-? Fixed since 2001/12/02.

> It would be a good way for someone who'se 'on the periphery' to get
> more deeply involved and learn a lot.

This is free software. Most contributors work on it for fun, or
because they need it for their job.

Posting "volunteers needed" may be a good idea, but then, perhaps not
so shortly before 2.2.

Regards,
Martin