[Python-Dev] memory leaks in 2.2

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 08:47:31 +0100

> Note that in both of the above cases, _everyone_ must go through the
> review process, including the top dogs, for any change to the code base,
> build system, etc. (the documentation and test suite subtree are
> excluded usually).   Note also that I don't mean to imply that the above
> process is the right one for Python.  I'm just speaking on the processes
> I know something about =).

To report on the processes of another project; GCC organizes people in
"blanket write priviledge", "maintainers" (CPU port, OS, misc), and
"write after approval". The blanket priviledge allows people to commit
contributions they have reviewed from contributors without any write
access; those are used sparingly. Maintainers can change "their" files
any time they like, except after a freeze. Everybody else must wait
for a patch review.

Regards,
Martin