[Python-Dev] memory leaks in 2.2

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 08:52:38 +0100

> > > It would be a good way for someone who'se 'on the periphery' to get
> > > more deeply involved and learn a lot.
> >
> > This is free software. Most contributors work on it for fun, or
> > because they need it for their job.
>
> Sure.  Are you disagreeing with something I said?

No. I just think this won't help much. Just because it would be good
for somebody doesn't mean that this somebody will actually invest time
into the project. People normally get involved by other means than
starting as a bug/patch reviewer. Typically, they get involved because
they need something fixed that apparently nobody else has fixed for
them while they were waiting for it (atleast that's how I got involved
in all free software projects I was working on).

Regards,
Martin