[Python-Dev] memory leaks in 2.2

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Thu, 6 Dec 2001 14:50:51 +0100

Michael Hudson wrote:

> Is roundup usable yet?  I played with it a bit yesterday, but I'm not
> really sure what's needed.  It would have the advantage that if it
> didn't do something we needed, we could probably club it into doing it
> easily enough.

the drawback with "easily enough" is that you cannot resist
modifying it -- so instead of learning how to use the tool you
have in the best way, you end up hacking on the tool instead
of doing more important work.

(fwiw, we're using a very slightly modified version of Ping's
original one-day hack.  took a couple of months to find the
right "use patterns", but now that we know how to use it in
a way that fits our development process, I doubt you can
find a "more usable" tool...)

</F>