[Python-Dev] memory leaks in 2.2

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Sun, 9 Dec 2001 19:11:43 -0500

[Martin v. Loewis]
> :-) I personally don't see it as a problem that bug reports are piling
> up. The GCC GNATS has 1341 "open" bug reports (meaning either "open"
> or "analyzed") at the moment. bugzilla.mozilla.org reports 19611 bugs
> in the "open" categories. Microsoft reportedly has over 60000 open
> reports for Windows 2000. Neither of these groups despair :-)

If any language I worked on previously had a few hundred open bug reports
(not counting feature requests), we would have shut the group down and
pursued a new implementation.  If you can get the open bugs to fit on one
screen, it tends to stay that way; once it spills over a screen, it appears
there's no bound on how many additional screens are tolerated (0, 1,
infinity).  I'm doing my part by reducing my font size and buying a much
larger monitor <wink>.