[Python-Dev] regression tests with regrtest.py -r

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Sat, 15 Dec 2001 11:43:45 -0500

  On a lark, I decided to try running the regression tests with -r,
which tells regrtest.py to run the tests in random order.  With this,
I get the following warnings from test_long.py:

../Lib/test/test_long.py:266: OverflowWarning: integer addition
  special = [0, 1, 2, 3, sys.maxint-1, sys.maxint, sys.maxint+1]
../Lib/test/test_long.py:287: OverflowWarning: integer addition
  got = x + y
../Lib/test/test_long.py:291: OverflowWarning: integer subtraction
  got = x - y
../Lib/test/test_long.py:295: OverflowWarning: integer multiplication
  got = x * y
../Lib/test/test_long.py:313: OverflowWarning: integer exponentiation
  got = x ** y
../Lib/test/test_long.py:320: OverflowWarning: integer exponentiation
  got = pow(x, y, z)
../Lib/test/test_long.py:377: OverflowWarning: integer exponentiation
  value = 10 ** exp

  This was with the CVS trunk, which is still virtually identical to
the 2.2c1 release.
  I won't have time to look at them this weekend, but this should be
fixed.  It may be possible there are other order-dependent behaviors,
so it would be really good if people who have time can run the tests
with -r on whatever platforms are available and report any other
anomolies.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>