[Python-Dev] test coverage

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Wed, 19 Dec 2001 11:52:38 -0500 (EST)

Neal Norwitz writes:
 > I don't know how many of these can be reached from within
 > the python (interpreter), some may only be callable from C code
 > which embeds python.

  I've added a few tests for the weakref support that should at least
improve the coverage there.  I don't think I'll have any more time to
help in this effort before 2.2 goes out, but I think this is really
important.

 > After improving test coverage, I'll go back and run purify
 > to see if there are any new memory leaks.
 >
 > Sorry, the list is kinda long.  Let me know if there's a better way
 > to distribute this info.

  I can live with this distribution method; if it gets us to actually
improve coverage, we all get to see the benefit of a shorter list.  ;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation