[Python-Dev] No longer at ActiveState.

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 17:06:04 +1100

> > ActiveState have pretty much stopped all Komodo and Python work for
> > the forseeable future.  This left me without an immediate project
> > and therefore without an immediate job.  It was very dissapointing
> > to hear this just after slaving to get the 1.2 release of Komodo out
> > the door and just a few days before Christmas.
>
> I'll say.  I'm guessing we might as well drop ActiveState from the
> list of PSF sponsors now.

I obviously can't speak for ActiveState ;-)  I really have no idea exactly
what "pretty much stopped ... Python work" means in reality, nor what the
longer term plans are.

> > On the bright side, it will free my time to finish up some pending
> > Python work I have been meaning to do.
>
> Yay!

Indeed :)

> Will we see you at the next (last) Python conference?

Unfortunately not :(  It would be irresponsible of me to commit to that much
money without knowing where my next dollar was coming from :)  And if you
had ever met my girlfriend, you would know that I am very aware exactly
where my next dollar is *going* :)

Mark.