[Python-Dev] Can we checkin on the main trunk?

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 21:10:47 -0500

[Skip Montanaro]
> (Hint: For those of us with rotting neurons, whenever development enters a
> release phase such as we are in right now, it would be helpful to remind us
> what we can do as well as what we can't.)

The things you can do are those you don't get publicly humiliated for doing.
Sure, it's a two-pass algorithm, and even then it makes the set of things you
can do at best recursively enumerable (there's no bound on how long it may take
before you're attacked, so you can never know for sure that you're safe, only
that if you're damned you'll *eventually* find out) -- but in the absence of a
PEP, that's the best we can do for you <wink>.

To a good first approximation, don't check in anything on the release *branch*
without Barry's explicit advance blessing, and I expect you'll live to be
appreciated in 2002.