[Python-Dev] Python 2.2.1

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
Mon, 24 Dec 2001 09:32:13 +0100

>  > - The final bits of the Mac tree havne't been checked in yet, should
>  > we move the release22-maint branch when that's done? Can you move a
>  > branch? How?
>
>   Yes, it should be moved as necessary to reflect the MacPython
> release; this can be done using these commands from the dist/src/
> directory:
>
>     cvs tag release22-mac
>     cvs tag -r release22-mac -b -F release22-maint

Maybe I'm misunderstanding. It seems pointless to move a branch: Just
check in to it. In terms of CVS commands

cvs update -rrelease22-maint # get a sandbox of the branch
# make modifications
cvs commit                   # make modifications to the branch
cvs update -A                # return to mainline

What am I missing?

Regards,
Martin