[Python-Dev] Case sensitive import.

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 13:53:48 -0500

    BAW> I'm tasked with look at your patch for 2.1a2, and I have some
    BAW> questions and issues (since I'm just spinning up on this).

Steve, your patch is slightly broken for Linux (RH 6.1), which doesn't
have a d_namelen slot in the struct dirent.  I wormed around that by
testing on #ifdef _DIRENT_HAVE_D_NAMLEN which appears to be the Linuxy
way of determining the existance of this slot.  If it's missing, I
just strlen(dp->d_name).

I'm doing a "make test" now and will test import of getpass to make
sure it doesn't break on Linux.  If it looks good, I'll upload a new
version of the patch (which also contains consistent C style fixes) to
SF and commit the patch for 2.1a2.

-Barry