[Python-Dev] Adding opt-in pymalloc + alpha3

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Mon, 5 Feb 2001 14:49:39 -0500

[MAL]
> Even though I don't think that adding opt-in code matters
> much w/r to stability of the rest of the code, I still think
> that we ought to insert a third alpha release to hammer a bit
> more on weak refs and nested scopes.
>
> These two additions are major new features in Python 2.1 which
> were added very late in the release cycle and haven't had much
> testing in the field.
>
> Thoughts ?

IMO, everyone who is *likely* to pick up an alpha release has already done
so.  It won't get significantly broader or deeper hammering until there's a
beta.  So I'm opposed to a third alpha unless a significant number of bugs
are unearthed by the current alpha (which still has a couple weeks to go
before the scheduled beta).

if-you-won't-eat-two-hot-dogs-it-won't-help-if-i-offer-you-
    three<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim