[Python-Dev] PEP announcements, and summaries

Moshe Zadka moshez@zadka.site.co.il
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 12:35:33 +0200 (IST)

On Thu, 8 Feb 2001, "Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake@acm.org> wrote:

>   I'd certainly like to see some machinery that allows us to
> incorporate arbitrary distutils-based packages in Python source and
> binary distributions and have them built, tested, and installed
> alongside the interpreter core.
>   I think this would be the right approach to deal with many
> components, including the XML and curses components.

You can take a look at PEP-0206. I'd appreciate any feedback!
(And of course, come to the DevDay session)
--
For public key: finger moshez@debian.org | gpg --import
<doogie> Debian - All the power, without the silly hat.