[Python-Dev] Propaganda of the deed and other topics

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake@acm.org
Fri, 9 Feb 2001 22:21:20 -0500 (EST)

Eric S. Raymond writes:
 > of them, when I don't see substantive objections and believe I can
 > deal with the political fallout more easily than living with the
 > technical problem, is to just freakin' go ahead and *do* it.

  I think this was the right thing to do in this case.  A slap on the
back for you!

 > One of the possible futures I see for myself in this group, if both of
 > the library PEPs you and I have contemplated go through and become
 > policy, is as Keeper Of The Libraries analogously to the way that Fred

  You haven't developed the right attitude, then:  my self-granted
title for this aspect of my efforts is "Documentation Tsar" -- and I
don't mind exercising editorial control with my attitude firmly in
place!  ;-)

 > Python looks like being my `follower' project for the foreseeable
 > future.  Take that as a compliment, Guido, because it is meant as one
 > both professionally and personally.  This crew may be (probably is)
 > the most tasteful, talented and mature development group I have ever

  Thank you!  That's a real compliment for all of us.

 > had the privilege to work with.   I still rue the fact that I couldn't
 > get you guys to come work for VA...

  You & others from VA came mighty close!

  -Fred

--