[Python-Dev] Python 2.1 release schedule

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Sun, 11 Feb 2001 04:20:35 -0500

[Guido]
> - New schema for .pyc magic number?  (Eric, Tim)

[Eric]
> It looked to me like Tim had a good scheme, but he never specified
> the latter (integrity-check) part of the header).

Heh -- I stopped after the first 4 bytes!  Didn't intend to do more (the
first 4 are the hardest <0.25 wink>).  Was hoping Ping would rework his
ideas into the framework /F suggested (next 4 bytes is a timestamp, then a
new marshal type containing "everything else").

I doubt that can make it in for 2.1, though, unless someone works intensely
on it this week.

rules-me-out-as-it's-not-a-crisis-until-2002-ly y'rs  - tim