[Python-Dev] Unit testing (again)

Steve Purcell stephen_purcell@yahoo.com
Tue, 13 Feb 2001 09:26:17 +0100

Jeremy Hylton wrote:

>   [Andrew writes:]
>   >> I'd really like to have unit testing in 2.1 that I can actually
>   >> use.  PyUnit as it stands is clunky enough that I'd still use the
>   >> Quixote framework in my code; the advantage of being included
>   >> with Python would not overcome its disadvantages for me.  Have
>   >> you got a list of desired changes?  And should the changes be
>   >> discussed on python-dev or the PyUnit list?
>
>   GvR> I'm just reporting what I've heard on our group meetings.  Fred
>   GvR> Drake and Jeremy Hylton are in charge of getting this done.
>   GvR> You can catch their ear on python-dev; I'm not sure about the
>   GvR> PyUnit list.
>
> I'm happy to discuss on either venue, or to hash it in private email.
> What specific features do you need?  Perhaps Steve will be interested
> in including them in PyUnit.

Fine by private e-mail, though it would be nice if some of the discussions are
seen by the PyUnit list because it's a representative community of regular
users who probably have a good idea of what makes sense for them.

If somebody would like to suggest changes, I can look into how they might get
done. Also, I'd love to see what I can do to allay AMK's 'clunkiness'
complaints! :-)

Best wishes,

-Steve

--
Steve Purcell, Pythangelist
"Life must be simple if *I* can do it" -- me