[Python-Dev] Unit testing (again)

Moshe Zadka moshez@zadka.site.co.il
Wed, 14 Feb 2001 18:57:35 +0200 (IST)

On Tue, 13 Feb 2001 20:24:00 -0500, "Tim Peters" <tim.one@home.com> wrote:

> Not me -- there's nothing in them that I as a potential user don't need to
> know.  But then I think the Library docs are too terse in general.  Indeed,
> Fredrick makes part of his living selling a 300-page book supplying
> desperately needed Library examples <0.5 wink>.

I'm sorry, Tim, that's just too true. I want to explain my view about how
it happened (I wrote some of them, and if you find a particularily terse
one, just assume it's me) -- I write tersely. My boss yelled at me when
doing this at work, and I redid all my internal documentation -- doubled
the line count, beefed up with examples, etc. He actually submitted a bug
in the internal bug tracking system to get me to do that ;-) So, I suggest
you do the same -- there's no excuse for terseness, other then not-having-time,
so it's really important that bugs like that are files. Something like
"documentation for xxxlib is too terse". I can't promise I'll fix all these
bugs, but I can try ;-)
--
For public key: finger moshez@debian.org | gpg --import
"Debian -- What your mother would use if it was 20 times easier"