[Python-Dev] random.jumpback?

Wed, 14 Feb 2001 15:24:50 -0600 (CST)

    [Skip] I was adding __all__ to the random module and I noticed this very
    unpythonic example in the module docstring:

    [Tim] Did you miss the sentence preceding the example, starting "Just
    for fun"?

I did, yes.

    [Guido] In that vein, the example isn't compatible with doctest, is it?

    [Tim] I'm not sure what you're asking.

I interpreted Guido's comment to mean, "why include a useless example in
documentation?"  I guess that was my implicit assumption as well (again,
ignoring the missed "just for fun" quote).  Either it's a useful example
embedded in the documentation or it's a test case that is perhaps not likely
to be useful to an end user in which case it should be accessed via the
module's __test__ dictionary.

guido-did-i-channel-you-properly-ly? yr's,

Skip