[Python-Dev] Those import related syntax errors again...

Mark Hammond MarkH@ActiveState.com
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:58:18 +1100

> This probably won't be a very popular suggestion, but how about pulling
> nested scopes (I assume they are at the root of the problem)
> until this can be solved cleanly?

Agreed.  While I think nested scopes are kinda cool, I have lived without
them, and really without missing them, for years.  At the moment the cure
appears worse then the symptoms in at least a few cases.  If nothing else,
it compromises the elegant simplicity of Python that drew me here in the
first place!

Assuming that people really _do_ want this feature, IMO the bar should be
raised so there are _zero_ backward compatibility issues.

Mark.