[Python-Dev] Those import related syntax errors again...

Mark Hammond MarkH@ActiveState.com
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:11:46 +1100

> Even at the cost of additional implementation complexity?

I can only assume you are serious.  IMO, absolutely!

> Let's not waffle.

Agreed.  IMO we are starting to waffle the minute we ignore backwards
compatibility.  If a new feature can't be added without breaking code that
was not previously documented as illegal, then IMO it is simply a
non-starter until Py3k.  Indeed, I seem to recall many worthwhile features
being added to the Py3k bit-bucket for exactly that reason.

Mark.