[Python-Dev] Those import related syntax errors again...

Wed, 21 Feb 2001 09:56:25 -0500

On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 03:46:40PM +0100, Samuele Pedroni wrote:
>IMO breaking code would be ok if we issue warnings today and implement
>nested scopes issuing errors tomorrow. But this is simply a statement
>about principles and raised impression.

Agreed.  So maybe that's the best solution: pull nested scopes from
2.1 and add a warning for from...import (and exec?) inside a function
using nested scopes, and only add nested scopes in 2.2, after everyone
has had 6 months or a year to fix their code.

--amk