[Python-Dev] Those import related syntax errors again...

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@alum.mit.edu
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 14:35:02 -0500 (EST)

  >> On Wed, Feb 21, 2001 at 07:01:05PM +0100, Fredrik Lundh wrote:
  >>> Is it time to shut down python-dev?  (yes, I'm serious)

  AMK> I've previously stated my intention to unsubscribe from
  AMK> python-dev after 2.1 ships, mostly because hacking on the
  AMK> Python core has ceased to be fun any more, and because my
  AMK> non-core projects have suffered.

We're coming up on the second anniversary of python-dev.  It began in
April 1999 if the archives are correct.  The biggest change to Python
development since then has been the move to SourceForge, which
happened nine months ago.  (Curiously enough, the first python-dev
message is on April 21, the SF announcement was on May 21, and today
is Feb. 21.)

Do you think Python development has changed in ways that make it no
longer fun?  Or do you think that you've changed in ways that make you
no longer enjoy Python development?  I'm sure that it's not as simple
as one or the other, but I wonder if you think changes in the way we
all interact is an important contributing factor.

Jeremy