[Python-Dev] Those import related syntax errors again...

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 16:01:02 -0500

[tim]
> BTW, are people similarly opposed to that comparisons can now raise
> exceptions?  It's been mentioned a few times on c.l.py this week, but
> apparently not (yet) by people who bumped into it in practice.

[/F]
> but that's not a new thing in 2.1, is it?

No, but each release raises cmp exceptions in cases it didn't the release
before.  If we were dead serious about "no backward incompatibility ever, no
way no how", I'd expect arguments just as intense about that.  So I conclude
we're not dead serious about that.  Which is good!  But in a world without
absolutes, there are no killer arguments either.