[Python-Dev] compile leaks memory. lots of memory.

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 00:04:32 -0500

    MvL> The real problem comes from st_cur never being released,
    MvL> AFAICT. There is a DECREF in symtable_exit_scope, but that
    MvL> function is not called in the test case -
    MvL> symtable_enter_scope is called. For symmetry reasons, it
    MvL> appears that there should be a call to symtable_exit_scope of
    MvL> the global scope somewhere (which apparently is build in
    MvL> symtable_build).  I can't figure how what the correct place
    MvL> for that call would be, though.

Martin, I believe you've hit the nail on the head.  My latest Insure
run backs this theory up.  It even claims that st_cur is lost by the
de-allocation of st in PySymtable_Free().

I'm betting that Jeremy will be able to quickly figure out where the
missing frees are when I send him the Insure report.

-Barry