Other situations like this (was RE: [Python-Dev] Nested scopes resolution -- you can breathe again!)

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Sat, 24 Feb 2001 00:26:51 +0100

On Fri, Feb 23, 2001 at 06:00:59PM -0500, Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> Hmmmm...  I'm not yet sure how to deduce indent level 0 inside the
> parser.

Uhm, why are we adding that restriction anyway, if it's hard for the
parser/compiler to detect it ? I think I'd like to put them in try/except or
if/else clauses, for fully portable code. While on the subject, a way to
distinguish between '__future__ not found' and '__future__.feature not
found', other than hardcoding the minimal version might be nice.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>