[Python-Dev] Re: Patch uploads broken

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Tue, 27 Feb 2001 07:12:18 -0500

> If you want to try it, feel free to try attaching a file to bug #404680:
> https://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=404680&group_id=5470&atid=305470
> )
>
> The SF admin request for this problem is at
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=100001&aid=404688&group_id=1,
> but it's better if I collect the results and summarize them in a
> single comment.

My conclusion: the file upload is refused iff the comment is empty --
in other words the complaint about an empty comment is coded wrongly
and should only occur when the comment is empty *and* no file is
uploaded.  Or maybe they want you to add a comment with your file --
that's fine too, but the error isn't very clear.

http or https made no difference.  I used NS 4.72 on Linux; Tim used
IE and had the same results.