[Python-Dev] Re: Case-sensitive import

Jason Tishler Jason.Tishler@dothill.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:02:29 -0500

Tim,

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 11:29:33PM -0500, Tim Peters wrote:
> Not terribly long after I get to stop writing email <0.9 wink>.  But since
> the only platform I can test here is plain Windows, and Cygwin and sundry Mac
> variations appear to be moving targets, once it works on Windows I'm just
> going to check it in.  You and Steven will then have to figure out what you
> need to do on your platforms.

I tested your changes on Cygwin and they work correctly.  Thanks very much.

Unfortunately, my concerns about building due to your implementation using
direct Win32 APIs were realized.  This delayed my response.

The current Python CVS stills builds OOTB (with the exception of termios)
with the current Cygwin gcc (i.e., 2.95.2-6).  However, using the next
Cygwin gcc (i.e., 2.95.2-8 or later) will require one to configure with:

    CC='gcc -mwin32' configure ...

and the following minor patch be accepted:

    http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=404928&group_id=5470&atid=305470

Thanks,
Jason

--
Jason Tishler
Director, Software Engineering       Phone: +1 (732) 264-8770 x235