[Python-Dev] Very recent test_global failure

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 17:52:33 -0500

Windows.

> python ../lib/test/regrtest.py test_global
test_global
<test code>:2: SyntaxWarning: name 'a' is assigned to before global
declaration
<test code>:2: SyntaxWarning: name 'b' is assigned to before global
declaration
The actual stdout doesn't match the expected stdout.
This much did match (between asterisk lines):
test_global
Then ...
We expected (repr): 'got SyntaxWarning as e'
But instead we got: 'expected SyntaxWarning'
test test_global failed -- Writing: 'expected SyntaxWarning',
                           expected: 'got SyntaxWarning as e'
1 test failed: test_global