[Python-Dev] FAQ Horribly Out Of Date

Moshe Zadka moshez@zadka.site.co.il
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 12:01:02 +0200 (IST)

On Sun, 31 Dec 2000, Andrew Kuchling <akuchlin@cnri.reston.va.us> wrote:

> It also leads to one section of the FAQ (#3, I think) having something
> like 60 questions jumbled together.  IMHO the FAQ should be a text
> file, perhaps in the PEP format so it can be converted to HTML, and it
> should have an editor who'll arrange it into smaller sections.  Any
> volunteers?  (Must ... resist ...  urge to volunteer myself...  help
> me, Spock...)

Well, Andrew, I know if I leave you any more time, you won't be able
to resist the urge. OK, I'll volunteer. Can't do anything right now,
but expect to see an updated version posted on my site soon. If
people will think it's a good idea, I'll move it to Misc/.
Fred, if the some-xml-format-to-HTML you're working on is in any
sort of readiness, I'll use that to format the FAQ. Having used Perl
in the last couple of weeks, I learned to appreciate the fact that
the FAQ is a standard part of the documentation.
--
Moshe Zadka <sig@zadka.site.co.il>
This is a signature anti-virus.