[Python-Dev] xreadlines : readlines :: xrange : range

Wed, 3 Jan 2001 10:27:09 -0500

On Wed, Jan 03, 2001 at 07:06:33AM -0500, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>Apparently getc_unlocked() is in the Single Unix spec.  Not sure how
>widespread that is -- do Linux developers pay attention to this
>standard at all?  According to the webpage it's (c) 1997.

It seems to be in glibc 2.1, but I don't know how much it would help,
and the added complexity of having to lock the file separately worries
me, perhaps due to a superstitious fear of angering the Thread Gods.

--amk