[Python-Dev] function attributes as "true" class attributes & reclamation error

Sat, 6 Jan 2001 19:15:08 -0600 (CST)

    Skip> Attaching function attributes to unbound methods could really
    Skip> function like C++ static data members....

    Guido> Skip, I don't find this better than the existing solution, which
    Guido> uses C._howmany instead of C.__init__.howmany.

It was more a "hey, I never thought of it quite that way" than a "hey, I
think this would be a great new idiom".  In fact, I believe the more
important part of my note was the bit about the attribute error on exit.

I'm sure function attributes will attract their fair share of abuse. ;-)

Skip