[Python-Dev] _cursesmodule.c clobbered since Christmas

Mon, 8 Jan 2001 11:41:10 -0500

On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 07:48:40PM +0800, Mark Favas wrote:
>I last successfully downloaded from CVS, compiled, linked and tested on
>Dec. 22 last year. For the last week or so, the current CVS
>_cursesmodule.c gives a bunch of compiler warning messages of the form:

Hmm... on Dec. 22 there was a sizable change to export a C API from
the module; since then there's only been one minor change.  Perhaps
the last version you compiled successfully was from before I checked
in those changes.  In any case, I'll look into it as soon as my Compaq
test drive account is usable and I have access to a Tru64 4.0
machine again.  Thanks for the report!

Once the PEP 229 changes go in, many more modules will be tried on
many more platforms.  It might be worth considering setting up a
Tinderbox for Python, or at least doing a systematic test on several
platforms before releases.

--amk