[Python-Dev] Add __exports__ to modules

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 23:08:50 +0100

On Tue, Jan 09, 2001 at 02:03:00AM +0200, Moshe Zadka wrote:

> > (2) Under exactly what circumstances do you want from foo import *
> >     issue a warning?

> All.
> If you want to be less extreme, don't warn if the module defines
> a __from_star_ok__

We already have a perfectly acceptable way of turning off warnings in
particular circumstances. I'm +1 on warning against using 'from spam import
*' by the way, though it would be even better (+2!) if there was a 'import *
considered harmful' page/chapter in the documentation somewhere, so we could
point to it.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>