[Python-Dev] xreadlines : readlines :: xrange : range

Mark Favas m.favas@per.dem.csiro.au
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 09:28:59 +0800

[Tim produces a warped threader that crashes on MS OS's]
>> NO, NO NO!  Mixing reads and writes on the same stream wasn't what
>> we are locking against at all.  (As you've found out, it doesn't
>> even work.)

>On Windows, yes, but that still seems to me to be a bug in MS's code.  >If anyone had reported a core dump on any other platform, I'd be more >tractable <wink> on this point.

On Tru64 Unix, I get an infinite generator of 'r's (after an initial few
'w's) to the screen (but no crashes). If I reduce the size of the loop
counters from 1000000 to 3000, I get the following output:
opened
w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w w r read 5114
done

--
Mark Favas  -   m.favas@per.dem.csiro.au
CSIRO, Private Bag No 5, Wembley, Western Australia 6913, AUSTRALIA