[Python-Dev] Patch 103216 - dbmmodule Setup changes

Barry A. Warsaw barry@digicool.com
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 13:54:47 -0500

I've just uploaded patch 103216 to the Python project at SF.  This
does a couple of things.  First, it auto-detects (in configure)
whether dbmmodule can be built, and if so whether the -lndbm library
needs to be specified.  Second, it moves the entry for dbmmodule to
Setup.conf, after the *shared* key so that it'll be built as a dynamic
library by default.

This should fix the problem where compiling in dbmmodule sets up a
dependency to libdb which later hoses pybsddb3.

I'd have just checked it in, but I'd like someone else to just proof
it first.  I've only tested this with the current CVS tree on a fairly
stock RH6.1.

BTW, I didn't include the changes to configure in the patch, because
it's large and made SF's patch manager cough.  Besides it can be
generated from configure.in and config.h.in which are included in the
patch.

Cheers,
-Barry