[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] CVS: python/dist/src/Python sysmodule.c,2.82,2.83

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 17:25:12 -0500

> [Guido van Rossum on Demo/embed/loop]
> > (Except it still leaks, but that's probably a separate issue.)
>
> Could this be caused by modules adding things to their dict and
> then forgetting to decref them?  I know I've been guilty of that.

Do you have a tool that detects leaks?  Barry has one: Insure++.  It's
expensive and we don't have a site license, so I'll ask Barry to
investigate this.

(Barry: go to Demo/embed and do "make looptest".  Then in another
shell window use "top" to watch the "loop" process grow slowly.  I'd
love to find out what's the problem here.  It's not dependent on what
you ask it to loop over; "./loop pass" also grows.  Of course it could
be one of the modules loaded during initialization...)