[Python-Dev] 2.1 alpha: what about the unicode name database?

Finn Bock bckfnn@worldonline.dk
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 19:00:33 GMT

On Sun, 14 Jan 2001 18:53:32 +0100, you wrote:

>The name database portions of SF task 17335 ("add
>compressed unicode database") were postponed to
>2.1.
>
>My current patch replaces the ~450k large ucnhash
>module with a new ~160k large module.  (See earlier
>posts for more info on how the new database works).

Do you have a link or an approx date of this earlier posts? I must have
missed it. The patch on sourceforge seems a bit empty:

https://sourceforge.net/patch/index.php?func=detailpatch&patch_id=100899&group_id=5470

As a result I invented my own compression format for the ucnhash for
jython. I managed to achive ~100k but that probably have different
performance properties.

regards,
finn