[Python-Dev] Re: Someone should be shot

Moshe Zadka moshez@zadka.site.co.il
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 22:42:15 +0200 (IST)

On Mon, 15 Jan 2001 13:26:59 +0100, "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal@lemburg.com> wrote:

> In fact I like it, that replies go to python-dev ... after all,
> that's where these things should be discussed.

Well, that's the mailing list where things should be discussed.
But when I press the "Reply" button (as opposed to "Reply to List" button)
I expect my e-mail to go to the person originating the e-mail.
What if, say, a checkin message relates to some private topic
I'd discussed with someone: I'd like to reply to him personally.

I agree that responses to Python-Checkins should be handled on Python-Dev:
that's what the mail-followup-to header is for.

> BTW, in case you misunderstood my reply: it would indeed make
> sense to automate these kinds of check (tabnanny et al).

Oh, ok. The "cron" part threw me off (why cron?)
--
Moshe Zadka <sig@zadka.site.co.il>
This is a signature anti-virus.