[Python-Dev] Someone should be shot

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 10:38:01 -0500

> Bottom line (IMHO), this is just something about email that is and
> will forever remain broken.  Given that, it was voted a long while
> back to make Reply-To for checkins point to python-dev so until
> there's a hue and cry to change it back, I'll leave it as is.  And
> yeah, it bites me sometimes too!

It sounds like a hue and cry to change it to me!  It looks like it's
time for a BDFL Pronouncement.  I pronounce:

Given that:

- we all know how to mail to python-dev;

- replying to the sender is by far the most common kind of reply;

- the mistake of replying to the sender when a reply-all was intended
  does much less potential harm than the mistake of replying to all
  when reply-to-sender was intended,

the reply-to header shall be removed.