[Python-Dev] 2.1 alpha: what about the unicode name database?

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 15:57:26 -0500

[Fredrik Lundh]
> The name database portions of SF task 17335 ("add
> compressed unicode database") were postponed to
> 2.1.
>
> My current patch replaces the ~450k large ucnhash
> module with a new ~160k large module.  (See earlier
> posts for more info on how the new database works).
>
> Should I check it in?

Absolutely!  But not like as for 2.0:  check it in *now*, so we have a few
days to deal with surprises before the alpha release.  With 300K sitting on
the table waiting to be taken, it's not worth delaying one hour to worry
about 60K additional that may or may not be achievable later.