[Python-Dev] time functions

Eric S. Raymond esr@thyrsus.com
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 05:53:00 -0500

M.-A. Lemburg <mal@lemburg.com>:
> +1 all the way -- though these days I tend not to use the
> time module anymore. mxDateTime already does everything I want
> and there date/time values are objects rather than Python integers
> or tuples... ok, I'm just showing opff a little :)

mxDateTime is on my short list of "why isn't this in the Python library
already?"  Has it ever been discussed?

You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself
a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about
repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the
great struggle for independence.
	-- Attributed to Charles Austin Beard (1874-1948)