[Python-Dev] Usage of "assert" in regression tests

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 23:16:29 +0100

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> mal wrote:
> > I urge you to only check in tests which use the new API
> > verify() to verify a certain condition. The API is defined
> > in the regression tools module test_support.
>
> did you run the test yourself after applying that patch?

Yes, but as I wrote in the SF patch message: I can only
test it on Linux and there not all tests are run due
to missing extensions. The alpha testing will hopefully catch all
possible bugs this patch introduced.

> (a patch to the patch is on the way in.  please check
> that the test suite still runs on non-Windows boxes...)

I'll have to leave that to the Windows wizards, sorry.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg