[Python-Dev] SSL detection problem

Neil Schemenauer nas@arctrix.com
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 08:31:09 -0800

On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 11:50:28AM -0500, Andrew Kuchling wrote:
> On Thu, Jan 18, 2001 at 11:39:30AM +0100, Martin v. Loewis wrote:
> >The not-so-obvious question: How can one work-around such a problem
> >with the new setup scheme?
>
> I still need to implement command-line options to specify such
> overrides, but that couldn't possibly get done in time for alpha1.

My non-recursive makefile patch allows you to use both Setup and
setup.py.  Its not quite really for prime time but its getting
close.

I would be interested if someone could point me to the source for
some crappy makes.  I've tried GNU make, BSD 4.4 pmake and
whatever comes with SunOS 5.6.  Searching for "make" doesn't work
too well. :-(

  Neil