[Python-Dev] Mail delays and SourceForge bugs

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 19:34:02 -0500

Through no fault of my own, email to guido@python.org (which includes
the python-dev list) is currently suffering delays of 12-24 hours.  I
have a feeling this is probably true for all mail going through
python.org, so checkin messages ans python-dev discussion have been
greatly frustrated, with about 1 day to go until the planned 2.1a1
release date!

On top of that, the SourceForge bug manager has developed a problem:
all references to http://sourceforge.net/bugs/?group_id=5470/ come
back with this error:

  An error occured in the logger. ERROR: pg_atoi: error in "5470/":
  can't parse "/"

I'm still hoping to release Python 2.1a1 tomorrow, unless Jeremy tells
me that he needs more time for his nested scopes patch.

In the mean time, please everybody, do check out the latest CVS
version and give it a good workout!  Andrew's setup.py still has some
rough edges, I believe that in order to run it from the build
directory you still have to point PYTHONPATH to the build/lib*
directory, where he hides the shared libraries for all modules.
Andrew, are you planning to fix this?

If there's anything that you need me to know about, please mail to
guido@digicool.com -- that address suffers no delays.