[Python-Dev] 2.1 alpha: what about the unicode name database?

Guido van Rossum guido@digicool.com
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 19:53:13 -0500

> I wrote:
> > I've almost sorted it all out.  will check it in later tonight (local
> > time).
> python build problems and real life got in the way.

What?  You've got a real life?  Can't be allowed, not when we're
working on a release!

> will 2.1a1 be released according to plan?  will there
> be a 2.1a2 release?  maybe I should postpone this?

Please check it in, there's still time (2.1a1 won't go out before
Friday night, possibly it'll be delayed until Monday).

And yes, there will be a 2.1a2.

--Guido van Rossum (home page: http://www.python.org/~guido/)