[Python-Dev] Re: test_sax failing (Windows)

Martin von Loewis loewis@informatik.hu-berlin.de
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 23:00:47 +0100 (MET)

> [Martin von Loewis]
> > Not for me, on neither Solaris nor Linux. What expat version?
>
> Tell me how to answer the question, and I'll be happy to (I have no idea
> what any of this stuff is or does).
>
> My pyexpat.c (well, my *everything*) is current CVS, pyexpat.c in
> particular is revision 2.33.

That's good; mine too.

> xmltok.dll and xmlparse.dll were obtained from
>
>     ftp://ftp.jclark.com/pub/xml/expat.zip
>
> for the 2.0 release.
>
> Is any of that relevant?

That gives some clue, yes. Unfortunately, that URL itself is a symlink
that was expat1_1.zip (157936 bytes) at some point, and now is
expat1_2.zip (153591 bytes). The files themselves are not
self-identifying, it's hard to tell once unzipped...

Anyway, I was using 1.1 in my own tests, and 1.2 in PyXML - either
works for me. I never tested 1.95.x (which is also not available from
jclark.com).

> The tests passed in the wee hours (EST; UTC -0500) this morning.
> They began failing after I updated around 1pm EST today.

I just merged pyexpat changes from PyXML into Python 2 so that could
be the cause. However, this very code has been used for some time by
PyXML users, why it crashes for you is a mystery to me.

Any chance of producing a C backtrace?

Regards,
Martin