More damage to intuition (was RE: [Python-Dev] Comparison of recursive objects)

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Sun, 21 Jan 2001 23:13:02 +0100

On Sun, Jan 21, 2001 at 10:54:05PM +0100, Thomas Wouters wrote:
> I see an error in the nis module (missing function prototype, and broken
> system-include file) and a *lot* of errors in linuxaudiodev

The errors in linuxaudiodev are only errors because for some reason, in
-ansi -pedantic-errors mode, gcc doesn't define the 'linux' symbol. IMHO,
not worth fixing. The nismodule is 'broken' because of this:

static
nismaplist *
nis_maplist (void)
{
        nisresp_maplist *list;
        char *dom;
        CLIENT *cl, *clnt_create();

clnt_create() should be declared by the system include files. Anyone have
objections to me moving it to pyport.h, inside the '#if 0' ?

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>