[Python-Dev] Worse news

Tim Peters tim.one@home.com
Mon, 22 Jan 2001 17:35:08 -0500

[Guido]
> This (test_cpickle) is a red herring -- it's a shallow failure in the
> test suite.

Fixed now -- thanks!

Please note that Neil got text_extcall to fail in exactly the same place
(see his recent Python-Dev) mail.  That's the only remaining failure I know
of.

> However on Windows I get an occasional appfail dialog box when
> using rt.bat.

I don't believe I've ever seen one of those ("appfail" rings no bells), and
rt has never acted strangely for me.   Your DOS-box properties may be
screwed up:  use Start -> Find -> Files or Folders ...; set "Look in" to C:;
enter *.pif in the "Named:" box; click Find.  You'll probably get a dozen
hits.  One of them will correspond to the method you use to open a DOS box
(which I don't know).  Right-click on that one and select Properties.  On
the Memory tab of the dialog that pops up, the four dropdown lists should
have "Auto" selected.  "Uses HMA" should be checked.  Hmm ... looks like
"Protected" *should* be checked but mine isn't ... oh, this goes on and on.
I don't even know which version of Windows you're using here!  How about I
look at it next time I'm at your house ...